2012-10-23

Oh wee!

I am currently in quaratine with a virus which is kinda odd and annoying and I'm staring at the ceiling and think "I sooo want to do something... anything...". Next to having problems with a sore throat and coughing and sitting around doing practically nada I wanted to say: SPIEL fair was so cool!
I was overwhelmed like a kid in candystore.
I met Dheny and Dirk and those two being -in my opinion- hardcore boardgamer we tested two games and though they totally stressed me out... I bought them.
If you wonder:
Escape
Panic Lab
Prepare for sweat if you buy those!
I am happy Dheny dragged us along, I think I'd never found Panic Lab myself. I met some colleagues, saw a lot of nerds, even more nerds and the hardcore nerds and I really want to be there next year as well. Oh Ty will crawl up the walls when he reads this. I guess I should tell him beforehand.

Oh, and since the Carcassonne Winter-Edition is FINALLY out:
The cover illustration- a collab with Irene (engelszorn.deviantart.com). I am so pleased how the whole game came out in print. If you remember this you know what I was working on. The detail work was imo worth the cramps since the details are still there, tiny tiny details you can see if you look very close. It's so awesome.
I am still amazed that I could do this and got into happy bunny mode as soon as I could get my hands on a package. Raww!!!! :D

And because I post never rarely pics of myself... the current me is this:
It's nice how much eating healthy (I eat a lot nevertheless... and I really mean A LOT) and sports can do for you. I highly recommend it. If you have a desk job being a couch potato is no option- that's the lesson I learned. 

*pressing the publish button before I start regretting it >_< *

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh je, das klingt ja gar nicht gut, ich wünsch dir unbekannterweise gute Besserung und dass das ganz schnell wieder vorbei ist.

Die Illustration ist wirklich schön geworden, gefällt mir :-)

Aleksandra Chabros (aka Adelaida) said...

It always amazes me how many details you can stuff in one picture :) I'd die making them but you not only keep on living but seem to enjoy the struggle ;) Incredible.

I have never been on a big convention so I guess it's something you won't forget for the rest of your life. Should go to one just to see how it is.

Eating healthy and sports have really done their thing! You look very tall - how tall are you? :)

trenchmaker said...

@Mona danke! :)

@Adelaida I'm 5.10 feet / 180 cm. It's indeed above average but the cosplay girl was additionally on the tiny side which adds a lot.

Aleksandra Chabros (aka Adelaida) said...

I'm 180cm too - I was sure I knew those proportions from somewhere ;)

Anda said...

Wow you look so pretty! Now I feel a sudden urge to exercise more haha :D Congratulations!